How to extract data from Tally.ERP 9 to Microsoft Excel 2003 using ODBC?
Tally OBDC helps you to extract the Data from Tally and design the reports in Excel. This can be done by following the steps listed below:
1. Start Tally.ERP 9. It should be open till the process is complete.
2. Ensure that the words ODBC Server are displayed in the Configuration block of Information Panel (at the bottom) of Tally.ERP 9 screen.
Next, Open MS Excel and follow the steps to proceed:
1. Start > Programs > MS Excel
2. On the Data Menu > Click Import External Data > Select New Database Query
the Choose Data Source dialog
box, select ‘TallyODBC’\
- Tally connects to data source and displays Query Wizard screen > select the columns you would want to include in the query. Select Ledger and Click " >" button to the right of the following fields: $Name, $Address (move all the other address fields as well.)
Set the filter conditions in the Filter Data dialog box to limit the data to those that match your criteria.
You can also sort the data in ascending or descending order in the Sort Order dialog box.
Click on the Finish button to complete the Query Wizard process.
Once the Query Wizard process is complete, the dialogue box entitled Returning External Data to Microsoft Excel / Import Data appears.
Click on the OK button in the screen mentioned above to return to the Excel sheet which displays all the columns selected, as shown below: