This module prevents to access of specified ledger and group level details for the specified user group (Security Level). Admin only can control users to access the ledger, like Ledger related to Payroll need not access by any other user expect Payroll Department.
Configuration of module:-
To Configure the module in Tally.ERP9 data, first login with the Admin rights and then follow the below steps
- Enable the option In Company Features as shown in below screen.
- Go to Gateway of Tally -> (F11) Company Feature -> (F6) Add On ->Enable Ledger Group Security->YES
- After enabling the module restart the tally and load the data again with the admin rights.
- Set Type of security in Security Control
- Go to Gateway of Tally -> (Alt F3) Company Info -> Security Control -> Type of Security
- Below is the example only, you can set the Type of Security based on your requirement or if is already implanted then you can go to next step
- Set Users and Password in Security Control
- Go to Gateway of Tally -> (Alt F3) Company Info -> Security Control -> Users and Password
- Administrator can define access of different users to different Security Level.
- Ledger Blocking: - Select the ledger for which access need to be block for group of user(s).
Go to Gateway of Tally -> Accounts Info -> Ledger -> Alter
Set yes for the Security Control option and then select the Type of Security from the list as show below.
- Multi Ledger Blocking: -Select the Security Control Ledgers option from the Gateway of Tally and then select the Group from the ledger for the group of ledger which need to be block.
- After selecting the group will get the SecuritycontrolLedgerReport with the ledger under the selected group from the list as below
- Admin user can select the multiple ledger from the report and click on Security control button (Alt+A) and select the security level for which selected ledger need to block. Please refer the below screen short.
- After selecting the Security Level Accept the screen, Now the selected ledger from the above report are blocked for the group of ledger come under the selected security level.
- (User can select all ledgers at once by Key combination of CTRL+ALT+A)
- Group Blocking: -Select the Group for which access need to be block for Group of user(s).
Go to Gateway of Tally -> Accounts Info -> Group -> Alter
- Selected Group of users have blocked to access the Ledger at various level of report and voucher entries as defined by administrator as :
- At Voucher Level
- At Group Report
- Trial balance & List of account
- Note: - We need to block the Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss A/C for the users compulsorily.